Wisbech Engineering is a proud stockist of
Protech Shocks Range
The Protech Range
On the Protech Range, The Dampers are manufactured from billet aluminium,
anodised to protect from the elements, and constructed without the use of welding. The
shocks also feature a new ultra progressive
valve system that can be adjusted to suit different spring rates.
Pro-tech 500 series is made from 6262 spec. aluminium
with adjustable spring seat platform for a 2.25” i.d. spring, with a single adjustable knob which adjusts bump and rebound
simultaneously. And come backed by a 3 year warranty against defective manufacture.
1. The lower base and eye is designed to hold the threaded body on the outside
Giving more internal clearance and movement as well as extra strength.
Extra machining the lower eye mounts into the solid part of the base gives vital clearance and weight advantage as mounting bracket fouling is eliminated.
3. The top and bottom eyes
CNC machined with a spherical
surface for looks and strength.
4. The control knob has only 13 click
settings with a total movement of 300 degrees (less than one turn) see notes 8 for resetting knob for softer or harder range).
5. Pro-tech has eliminated the coil spring in the control, which most manufacturers still use; coil springs in constant use do not maintain height and will take a set and create inconsistent damping.
6. Pro-tech high performance disc spring system, infinitely variable spring characteristics can be achieved by the arrangement of disc springs into a stacked column and by adjusting the control knob to change the force/deflection maintaining constant damping.
7. Wisbech Engineering units are fitted with a heavy duty 5/8” shaft for extra strength and
8. After assembly, the unit is tested with the very latest computer controlled damping dynamometer to establish damper conditions and calibrations. All units are set with an adjustment range to suit 95 percent of most applications. However in the event of needing a lower range of damping this can be achieved as follows on or off the car:-
a) Turn control
knob to off position (anti-clockwise) then turn six clicks
knob firmly against shock absorber, unscrew 4mm grubscrew in the side of
knob by one half turn.
c) Still holding
knob firmly against the body turn control screw in centre of knob with
screwdriver half a turn clockwise to increase damping range or half a turn
anti-clockwise to decrease damping range.
d) Lock up
the knob firmly against the body at all times prevents the spring and ball bearing
coming out of it’s location - if this happens you will lose your click
action which means removal of the knob to correct.
Wisbech Engineering Ltd keep a fair range of Protech
shocks in stock
10”,11”,12”,13”,14”,and 16” all rose
jointed to suit the majority of applications.
Images Are For Illustration Purposes Only - Appearance/Features
Supplied May Vary From Those Shown. However - Wisbech Engineering are
specialists in this field and will try as much as is possible to ensure
you have the correct Shock for your application. Call or Email if you
require further assistance.
ALL PRICED AT
£160 + VAT
Top Hat Spacers
(Required with rose jointed shocks)
@ £10.40 + vat (per set of 8)
@ £15.00 + vat
range stocked, call for prices)